Pinterest is my new addiction. I have fallen for it hook, line and sinker. Spend a little time with me and you’ll quickly discover why I love Pinterest.
If you’ve never experienced the joy of pinning, then read on. You’ll most likely be begging to pin in no time.
Pinterest is possibly one of the best sharing tools out there in the giant Social Media sphere. Seriously!
It’s quickly growing to be the ‘it’ social network of 2012. According to RJMetrics, Pinterest is “retaining and engaging users as much as two to three times as efficiently as Twitter was at a similar time in history”.
So what’s the hype all about? Well, Pinterest is an image sharing social network. It is a photo pin board allows you to bookmark, organize and share all the wonderful things you find online. Pinterest calls the things you share ‘pins’.
When you share your pin, it can be seen by other Pinterest users (also known as pinners) who can in turn re-pin your pin. And vice versa.
So if you find a recipe, a chic necklace, a pretty dress, beautiful decor or house, a spanking new website or even yummy looking cupcakes, you can pin it to one of your boards. It’s like having your very own customizable magazine.
So here are the top 5 reasons why I love Pinterest. As you can guess, I’m sold out.
1. Being a visual person, Pinterest helps me get my creative juices flowing. It is the never-ending well of inspiration. Every time I log on, I’m greeted with beautiful photos of newborns, recipes or even interior design.
2. Pinterest helps me to organize the inspiration I find online in one central place. Who needs the mess of magazine clippings?
3. It’s a great way to brainstorm. I can create a board for a future project and pin ideas onto the board. I love it!
4. It’s a fab way to discover new and interesting sites and blogs. If I really like an image, chances are I will click on the link right above the image to visit the blog or website of the original author.
5. It makes me want to travel. There is so much eye-candy on Pinterest and seeing lovely photos of exotic places gets me excited.
Pinterest is an invite-only social network so if you’re not yet on Pinterest and want to check it out, leave a comment below and I will be happy to send you a Pinterest invitation.
Want to follow me on Pinterest? I’m at www.pinterest.com/kofobaptist
I follow back!
ENJOY THIS POST? NEVER MISS ANOTHER!
Subscribe to Kofo's FREE email newsletter for great articles, session previews and advance notice of special offers and promotions.
Awesome, thanks for subscribing. To complete your subscription, please look out for the confirmation email in your inbox. Please check your junk email if you can't find it in your inbox. Thank You